Ultimate Guide to Raising Money for After Prom Parties
Prom season is a great time for high school students to get together, have fun and make memories. But behind the scenes, it can take a lot of work to put on an after prom party. Raising the necessary funds for decorations, music and activities can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are plenty of creative fundraising techniques that you can use to make your after prom celebration a success!
Develop an Outreach Strategy
When you think about inflatables you might think about young kids. However, there are new inflatables made specifically for students and adults! Inflatable games and obstacle courses are always a hit at any school event. Not only do they provide physical activity, but they also give students a chance to work together to reach the end goal. The fun doesn’t stop there either! Consider adding other interactive events, such as Wii tournaments or trivia competitions for extra excitement.
- Sell tickets: Charge an admission fee for students to attend the after prom event. Charge one price for current students of the school and a additional higher fee for students who don't attend the school.
- Have a bake sale: Bake and sell sweet treats to raise money.
- Host a car wash: Set up a car wash in a busy location and charge a fee to wash cars.
- Do a raffle: Sell raffle tickets for a chance to win a prize, such as a gift card or other donated item.
- Hold a silent auction: Gather donated items from local businesses and individuals and hold a silent auction where attendees can bid on the items.
- Set up a donation station: Set up a table or booth where attendees can make a cash or check donation to the after prom event.
- Sell t-shirts or other merchandise: Create and sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, or other items with the after prom event logo or theme.
It's a good idea to try a variety of different fundraising methods to see what works best for your after prom event and community. You may also want to reach out to local businesses and organizations for sponsorships or donations to help cover the costs of the event.
Sell Prom Sponsorships to Local Businesses
Local businesses are often eager to sponsor an upcoming prom and it’s easy to ask them for donations. Make sure you approach the right contact person at the business, who has decision-making power and can make instantaneous decisions. When reaching out, provide them with information about your organization and offer a range of sponsorship options – from simple flyers to packages include recognizing their logo throughout the event.
Leverage Social Media to Spread the Word and Generate Interest
The advancement of social media provides an opportunity to easily get your fundraiser in front of a large audience. Leverage major platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and target relevant hashtags and influencers that have the potential to drive engagement towards your event. Additionally, utilize the stories feature on each platform in order to gain additional exposure for your fundraiser!
Step 1: Fill out the contact form with as much detail as you can.
Step 2: Our team will give you a few different options on how we can make your event a success
Step 3: We'll lock in a date, time and details
Step 4: Mikayla Oz will help make the most talked about event you've hosted!
Magician Mikayla Oz: Top Entertainment in Iowa
What is a Corporate Magicians Job?
What is a strolling magician?
What is it Like Being a Female Magician?
Mikayla Oz Recipient of International Rising Star of Magic Award
Tips for Booking a Country Club Magic Show
All Rights Reserved - Mikayla Oz Magician